Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default gun Safe for Car

I wanted to get some opinions and different options for storing a gun in a car. I am a CHL holder, and I do carry whenever possible. But sometimes my job makes me go to schools, and I never carry in a school. I can still have my gun locked in my car.

I've seen options with a cable that locks around something, and then I just pull it out as I need. But ideally, I'd like something like a drawer under my seat that I could just stick a key and have the drawer pop out.

Do any of you guys know anything like this? Or have any better ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kickshot7; 03-06-2018 at 04:25.

My friend, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

leftyo Guest

i dont recall who/what/where, but they do make small gun safes/lock boxes for bolting into cars.

4. Default

Any one else having the same issues ? Trying no to be another statistic.
    Safety is everything

Your about 21 aren't you? And illiterate, and(I hate this)maybe from a foreign country.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Keep it hidden in the trunk when not in use. If you drive a SUV and don't have a trunk hide it under a panel such as where the spare tire is stored. Either way it would still be out of sight and locked up. If you're still worried about someone finding it and killing someone with it store or hide the ammo separately from the gun.

More nonsense.

I use a "Stack-on" PC-095 locker for in the car. fit under the seat and with velcro on bottom minimizes sliding into view. Adequate for a "snatch & grab", might delay for a more determined person. this uses a three digit combination lock, another has a key, and a third has an digital lock.

Have seen a Hornady locker, goes around a substantial anchor in vehicle, and seems a robust construction, but hangs out in view.

only saving grace, they all meet CA standards, [for what ever value that means].

Good Luck, post back what you decided.

Concealed carry does not = a badge. You cannot unholster/reholster in public view. So, scratch the notion of a trunk safe. Any security device which may be spotted while parked is a target. (drawer, reinforced console, etc.) It doesn't matter "how much time it'll take 'em to open it". The car is stolen in under a minute and can be off the street in minutes. They have as much time as it takes.

Use common sense and put it out of view as one would with any valuables to be left behind. Do it before you arrive. Never be seen putting something into a vehicle only to walk away.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Your about 21 aren't you? And illiterate, and(I hate this)maybe from a foreign country.
    Nope I think profile indicates 47-48 years old.

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)