Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Wrist markings are PH over 1943, presumably Parker Hale 1943-time of barrel sleeve work? Not familiar with Ross sights, wonder if these were generally available? You are correct as Salter is high, but I needed a long Lee to fill out a reasonable assembly of 22 cal English trainers and had never seen another in ten years of looking.

I agree that Parker Hale had its mitts on it. Nothing to be ashamed of. Quite the contrary really as they were renowned for their work both private and government contracted. The Sutherland sights (as used on the Ross) must have been widely used as they turn up so often. A drop-in fit (not perfect but easily working) on the Lee Enfield as well as the Martini Henry. I have one on one of my Martini's.

You certainly have chosen one of the more interesting realms of Enfield collecting. A whole 'nuther area of study and one I'm only vaguely familiar with in the grand scheme of things. So much involved with these rifles and so many tangents to explore. I only pointed out a couple of superfluous things I noticed using the sales pics. I surely would never be embarrassed to have that rifle filling a slot and they are very scarce in that configuration. If you're good with it then I say go for it.

As an aside, and speaking of rare, were you one of the guys who lucked into a Parker Hiscock feed a while back?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

3. Default

Yes. I can post photos later.

4. Default

58CEE8BE-EE38-4D42-96B0-42E81C068094.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]43255[/ATTACH

Note the rounded edge at 6 o’clock on the bolt face
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's the beaut! A fine centerpiece to any rimfire collection.
    Thanks for posting up the pics again.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Blog Entries

nice!!

managed to pick up an Enfield Converted in 1912 of a 1895 dated Sparkbrook LE II this past weekend,
    Navy marked as well,

Thanks for posting both sets of pictures. I never got into the 22 side of L.E.s but an interesting and diverse part by itself.