1. Default Odd wartime rebuild 1903

Picked this one up out of an old collection....It looks to have been rebuilt by the British? I believe the marking on sight base is an arrow I 6/43 and there is also what appears to be a broad arrow stamped on the stock tip...This rifle is SALTY, non import marked and no other sold out of service britsh proofing...Any thoughts on this or has anyone ever seen anything similar? Comments welcome..thanks for looking...
    Attachment 43133Attachment 43134Attachment 43135Attachment 43136Attachment 43137
    Last edited by rockisle1903; 05-01-2019 at 12:39.

Nice rifle. Been around. Broad arrow ... did time overseas. Maybe LendLease? Hopefully knowledgeable folks will provide help. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Neat rifle!!

What is the date on the barrel?
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    What is the date on the barrel?
    I've looked at multiple times, it is REAL faint...Best I can determine it is 10/29..There is a steel lot code of R12 if anyone has dates corresponding to lot codes...

Quote Originally Posted by rockisle1903 View Post
    I've looked at multiple times, it is REAL faint...Best I can determine it is 10/29..There is a steel lot code of R12 if anyone has dates corresponding to lot codes...
    The R 12 barrel steel lot code was used in 1927 and again in late-1929 to mid-1930.

J.B.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John Beard View Post
    The R 12 barrel steel lot code was used in 1927 and again in late-1929 to mid-1930.

J.B.
    Thanks for taking time to answer and passing along that info, Mike

"...rebuilt by the British..." Nope. The Brits would not bother rebuilding a Lend/Lease rifle. Aside from the fact they didn't have the time or tooling, they'd have just scrapped it or sent it back.
    Isn't a Brit broad arrow either. Without all the 'BNP' stuff it means it was never sold through England. No broad arrows on stocks either.
    A broad arrow with an 'I' is India. The 'I' is usually above the arrow with the point up, though.
    That one is heavily pitted too. For what it's worth serial number 913307 is 1918. What's the barrel like?
    Spelling and grammar count!

My guess is use in another country ... China, France?
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis