Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

One of my maintenance contracts is a large over 55 condo community. No Pets and over 55 is the rule .... and in fact in the deed and signed by purchaser.

The over 55 part isn't difficult to maintain ..... but it would seem that 50% of SW Florida can't survive without a "service dog" . And so all those poor residents that moved into these places because it was no kids / no pets have to deal with the yapping and barking and the expense because I charge heavy to send someone out to clean dog xxxx up of the elevator floors and hallways....because all their neighbors need that "service" dog.

recently at the grocery store a woman barked at me becuase I gave a sour look at her dog sitting in the shopping cart ...

"You got a problem with this?" ... she aggressively asked

" I do" ... I replied ... " tomorrow I'll be back in here and putting my food where your dogs ass has been "

Dogs are nice... but they belong at home. If you can't spend 20 minutes out in a public place like a grocery store with out a dog then you belong at home too... and under care. If you can't survive with out a "calming" animal then don' t move into a place that requires no pets .... or work someplace where you think you need to bring one

The airport has volunteers with dogs to sooth stressed out travelers. You can pet the dogs. What if you feel like kicking a dog?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    One of my maintenance contracts is a large over 55 condo community. No Pets and over 55 is the rule ....
    FAHs deserve a place of their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    What if you feel like kicking a dog?
    You need to look (briefly) at your own gut pile.

I don't know what that means; my post was humurous. FAH? another one I don't get. Fat Assholes?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    One of my maintenance contracts is a large over 55 condo community. No Pets and over 55 is the rule .... and in fact in the deed and signed by purchaser.

The over 55 part isn't difficult to maintain ..... but it would seem that 50% of SW Florida can't survive without a "service dog" . And so all those poor residents that moved into these places because it was no kids / no pets have to deal with the yapping and barking and the expense because I charge heavy to send someone out to clean dog xxxx up of the elevator floors and hallways....because all their neighbors need that "service" dog.

recently at the grocery store a woman barked at me becuase I gave a sour look at her dog sitting in the shopping cart ...

"You got a problem with this?" ... she aggressively asked

" I do" ... I replied ... " tomorrow I'll be back in here and putting my food where your dogs ass has been "

Dogs are nice... but they belong at home. If you can't spend 20 minutes out in a public place like a grocery store with out a dog then you belong at home too... and under care. If you can't survive with out a "calming" animal then don' t move into a place that requires no pets .... or work someplace where you think you need to bring one
    Or about the person who is stressed out and "needs" the service of a drink, I have seen that with disastrous results. A teacher who has a small bottle in her desk or in the car during lunch. Now it is people who need a hit or a snort to get them thru the day. Had a co-worker who "needed" a candy bar @1400. I feel sorry for those who "need" a drink to quiet them during stressful times...just saying.
    Sam

Depends on the dog.
    Little dogs are a lot more unpredictable than big dogs. All of 'em think they're pit bulls too. Neighbour baby sits a toy Chihuahua that hates most other dogs. The thing will growl at bigger dogs that come anywhere near it. Little fart weighs about 2 pounds. Really funny part is it has a crush on another neighbour's Bernese mountain dog(80–120 lbs.) whose tongue is bigger than the little fart. He's also scared of it. Doesn't exactly know what it is.
    Spelling and grammar count!

My dog is a pit bull. He showed up on my doorstep starved nearly to death, covered with ticks, and with a wound on his back about a foot long and an inch and half wide. The humane society wouldn't take him -- they have a "no pit bulls" policy. The wife and I fed him, picked the ticks off him, and put Cut Heal on his wound. In the next two months, he gained 50% more weight. He is loyal, affectionate, obedient and protective.

Is he dangerous? You betcha, Red Ryder! We live deep in the woods, 3/4 of a mile off the county road. When I walk him I keep him on a leash and harness. I don't take him amongst strange people or dogs. He's my dog and my responsibility.

8. Default

I ride a mc a LOT, and it irks me to no end to have to dodge cars with a dog setting in the "drivers" lap. Why don't they have to be buckled in like a kid if you want to treat them like a kid? Went to a local farm store, went to take my daughter to get a drink at the water fountain and a fella had a MONKEY drinking out of the fountain. Needless to say, he knew I was NOT happy. And the store manager knows it too. I guess I fall into the leave them at home and pay attention to your driving group.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Marty T. View Post
    I ride a mc a LOT
    What about the MCs with sidecars for their "best friends"...wearing MC goggles!

10. Default

If they are too concerned with the "friend" than to pay attention to the road, leave them home.