Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you think? Should dogs be taken to work

Me, I like dogs and figure dogs are great at work. But I guess many folks don't like them. What do you think? Here is an article from the local rag. Seems that some immigrants are not too fond of dogs. I guess there is also a liability issue for the employer.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...uver-1.4551617

KTK

Generally, no.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ken The Kanuck View Post
    Seems that some immigrants are not too fond of dogs.
    All the more reason to have them by your side. Dogs have an uncanny ability to detect people who are shifty, untrustworthy, probably up to no good.

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    All the more reason to have them by your side. Dogs have an uncanny ability to detect people who are shifty, untrustworthy, probably up to no good.
    Trump needs to keep one in the oval office.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Trump needs to keep one in the oval office.
    Obama had one but I think it turned on him.

Clinton wouldn't have been allowed to have a female dog in the oval office.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IditarodJoe View Post
    Generally, no.
    Agree. Dogs are like kids. You may not take a million dollars for the one you have but probably wouldn't give a nickel for someone else's.

Dogs aren't always at their best behavior, especially in the absence on their owner.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I worked at a large corporation where we had a blind purchasing agent and he had his service dog which was very well behaved.
    One day, the dog was sick and crapped on the floor. The blind man picked it up and disposed of it. We had a janitor come and take the little bit of the "smudge" on the tile floor.
    I like dogs, some people don't.
    I agree with clintonhater above, dogs are very good judges of character. If the dog does not like someone and is normally a friendly dog, BEWARE of that someone.
    I had a Great Pyrenees years ago and she "tipped me off twice" and put a stop to a potential mugging once.
    If I was younger and in good health, I'd buy another Pyrenees, they are awesome, good guard dogs, and very good around kids.

Work is for work. Not pets. Pets ... they need to stay at home in the pen, etc. Have no interest in someone bringing their dog/cat/hamster, etc. to the office. They are not there to care for their pet. They are there to work. People come to the office to see me or attend a meeting, they are there to see me or attend a meeting. They are not there to get dog/cat hair on their clothes, dander up their nose, etc. For the record, when I am making visits in the hospital, nursing homes, or in the private homes of church members, I leave my Molly the Wonder Dog at home. She is a sweet girl. But, it is not fair of me to drag her along when I am doing church work. It is not fair of me to expect other people to accommodate her b/c I brought her with me. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Some dogs should be allowed at work. Donkeys make for a lousy sled team.

2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

My dog is a pit bull, who came to my house to die of starvation -- the wife and I fed him, picked the ticks off him and put Cut Heal on a large wound on his back. My 12 year old grand daughter loves him, and he loves her. He is incredibly loyal and friendly -- but I would NEVER take him somewhere public. He's scary, and when he senses someone is scared of him, he becomes aggressive.

Mickey, my daughters Black Lab is our family pet, Wolf is a working dog. Wolf is constantly by my side, trained by myself to assist me as needed and goes everywhere. I leave the room Mickey stays there, Wolf gets up and follows me to keep tabs on me. When we are out I remind people that Wolf is a working dog and not a pet and should be treated as such. Some people don't understand the difference, others do. Wolf is a great judge of people and can spot a phony with a fake smile and demeanor. I trust her judgement around people. Wolf is my security blanket similar to what Linus had especially when my depression hits. Since chemo I have noticed a great many chemical changes, never had depression always an up beat person...not so much now and this is where Wolf is a great help.
    Sam

A typical 8hr workday would be very boring for a dog + they would need to be fed and walked every so often. Could you do that if you worked in an office? I can see bringing your dog by for a visit only on a day off but nothing else. My dog (grandog) would have loved to have gone to work with me and met everyone. He loves attention but after about 15 minutes he would have been ready to come back home.

"Work" is a broad subject with many different surroundings and people. Best to leave fido at home and show pictures if anyone is really interested.