Default Pony Express still ariding...

Had two identical packages shipped from the same western company with a 3 day arrival. Got one today, day 4, the other package is still on the horse somewhere. Locally sent a letter to a company 30 miles away, the letter went to Columbus-Dayton-Toledo-Columbus and then back to Athens for delivery in another adjacent county.
    Sam

Around here the mail is slow this time of year -- the mule has sniffles.

Mail is routed based on where the processing facility is located. It is more efficient as a whole for the system. To predicate a system based on what is efficient for a occasional individual item would be ruinously expensive. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

The mule's "giddy up go" got up and went .... no anti-freeze!
    snowdonkey.jpg

The mule's "giddy up go" got up and went .... no anti-freeze! What is the setting of that photograph? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Sam:
    Once had a similar experience a couple of years ago. 2 packages from the same company, mailed (3 day express) on the same day. One arrived on time, day 3. Looked at the other package's tracking number. It went from Illinois, to LA, to Seattle, to New Jersey, to LA, and finally to me. All of 7 days travel.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    The mule's "giddy up go" got up and went .... no anti-freeze! What is the setting of that photograph? Sincerely. bruce.
    I found the image on Bing images when I looked up "frozen mules". This image of a frozen donkey showed, so I used it. Never looked it up but just figured it was a statue of a donkey with snow on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I found the image on Bing images when I looked up "frozen mules". This image of a frozen donkey showed, so I used it. Never looked it up but just figured it was a statue of a donkey with snow on it.
    Could that be Hillary's place?
    Sam

I may have mentioned this previously. One time I was sending identical items two different places. One to Illinois (home state) and the other to the UK. UK parcel arrived at destination in a couple of days. Down state took in excess of a week at minimum. UK went direct by air to the Royal Mail whereas USPS domestic took a tour of the countrys various sorting facilities first.
    Pony Express might have been more efficient.

The only thing slower, (slower than parcels to Australia via 'rooboat) was to the Falklands. Has to go by air to the UK. Loaded on a ship to Argentina. Then has to sit there awaiting a full helicopter load out to the islands. Sorted again for the local boat runs to the proper postman for delivery. Expect months to go by sometimes.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**