1. Default Anyone seen this one yet?

"There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

Blog Entries

11 days to go,
    wonder where it will end

Wow. Nice photos of a rare pistol. Looks to be in pretty good condition!

Best Regards from Virginia,

Chris

40 grand? Ya gotta be kidding!

Next to the North American Arms 100 made, the Singer is the second rarest 1911 style pistol made with 500 of them. It is the rarest 1911A1 ever made so to collectors that have plenty of money the price is peanuts. To me it is not worth that kind of money as I cannot shoot it without loosing value. Only one bidder so far but by the end of the auction I would not be surprised to see others bidding.

None of the North American Arms pistols were ever delivered, so they never became an issue Model 1911 pistol. There is some collector interest in the pistols that did not make the cut, but will never bring the big money like the Singer which did become an issued pistol.

Recently a Singer sold at auction somewhere north of $400,000, but doubt the buyer was looking for a shooter.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    None of the North American Arms pistols were ever delivered, so they never became an issue Model 1911 pistol. There is some collector interest in the pistols that did not make the cut, but will never bring the big money like the Singer which did become an issued pistol.

Recently a Singer sold at auction somewhere north of $400,000, but doubt the buyer was looking for a shooter.
    That was Rock Island IIRC. Like you state the buyer is looking for a rare bird for his collection.