Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Now I have another mystery LOL!! Your I.P's are Type 1 Mk I**P Mine is a Type 3. I don't see anything on the cut off but I believe it had RFI stamped on it and that was some time ago that I cleaned it. Having the cut of from what I have been told is correct for the period???

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsr View Post
    Here are some pages from a book that is no longer in print. Someone on a facebook group posted these.Attachment 43229Attachment 43230Attachment 43231Attachment 43232
    For reference sake, the book is India's Enfields by Robert Edwards. A couple of later printing editions and all were short runs. Any of them is worth the information inside if you can find one for sale.
    But it sound like you guys are on the right track already. Keep in mind that India offered a lot of anomalies. Not everything in the books in the final word. Not just their rifles but their bayonets too. Some marked in such a way it gets people talking.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

JB White, I bought a SMLE No 1 Mark 1*** Enfield from Robert Wilkinson Edwards (Keedysville MD) back in the early 1990's. Also had two
    long phone conversations with him, very, very interesting conversations. He had "The List" where he sold rifles and bayonets, all interesting
    items. Could this be the same Robert Edwards who published the "India's Enfields" ?

Quite possibly. The author is Robert W. Edwards (Lt.Col. ret.) and the book was published by Consortium Press of Keedysville, MD.
    That's all I know. If it's merely a coincidence then it's one taking note of.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**