Thread: KCI 30 Rounders

1. Default KCI 30 Rounders

Has anyone here used the KCI Carbine mags? They are advertised as holding the bolt open after the last round and being reliable. I already have two 15-rnd mags given to me by the late lamented Harlan Short. I wonder about the larger cap commercial mags.

PD

One thing about 30 round magazines in a M1 Carbine is to use the M2 magazine release. It was designed with an extra tab to hold the 30 round magazine securely.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/magazinecatchm2.aspx

C034.jpg

3. Default

Thank you. I wonder if the quality of the KCI mags is up to snuff,.

Quote Originally Posted by gwp View Post
    One thing about 30 round magazines in a M1 Carbine is to use the M2 magazine release. It was designed with an extra tab to hold the 30 round magazine securely.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/magazinecatchm2.aspx

C034.jpg

so is that the reason I could never get a 30 rounder to feed right?

"...never get a 30 rounder to feed right..." Open the lips a tick using long, fine, needle nosed pliers. Only issue I've ever had with my Plainfield. It's a very tiny tweak that's required too.
    Bolt hold open was done via the follower in some 30 round mags, as I recall.
    KCI gives a 1 year warrantee on mags purchased from them directly. Where you are matters too. No mention of Carbine mags on their site though.
    Spelling and grammar count!

6. Default

Hi Pete , I have a bunch of "Made in Korea" magazines and they work great 20 and 30 round sizes. I'm not sure if these are made by KCI as they came in a brown paper bag only marked made in Korea and a upc. and a nsn. number. They are nicely blued and marked "UU" on the spine. I never had a problem but you may want to try a few before you buy a bunch, regards, Mike

The KCI magazines are very very good. On par with USGI magazines. These work well, while the commercially made do not work well at all.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by free1954 View Post
    so is that the reason I could never get a 30 rounder to feed right?
    Yes that is at least part of the reason you have feed problems,. It keeps the magazine from moving back and forth too much.
    I put those mag catches in all shooter grade carbines.

thanks guys for the advise.

10. Default

Thanks-a year later!

PD