1. Default Need some 1903A3 info

I have a Springfield 1903A3 by Remington that I have owned for many years. I am not knowledgeable on these rifles.

I have never fired it, as it sat in the back of the safe almost forgotten. A seriously damaged rotator cuff has quelled my desire to shoot any of my high powered rifles (groan). Even my M1's are no longer a possibility. Too concerned to even try one of my M1 Carbines.

In any event, I was disassembling the rifle and found all of the parts to marked with the "R" except for one part on the bolt. I cannot find a reference for the part or the mark for a subcontractor. Maybe it is for Smith Corona, however this is an uneducated guess.

Here is a photo of the part on the bolt. Tell me what part it is and if the mark is for 'Smith', safety or something else.

Thank you!

1903-34.jpg

Go to www.m1903.com for information on 03-A3s, M1903s and M1917s.

Don't wait too long to get your rotator cuff repaired. They are salvageable if you don't wait too long. I had my right rotator cuff and bicep tendon re-attached last July and they were back to normal by January. Dont skip the rehab sessions.

I bought an inexpensive shooting rack a few years ago to help remove aiming errors and to see how accurate my 03-A3, M1917 and Enfield No. 4 Mk1 rifles really are and I found that it nearly eliminated the force from recoil.

3. Default I understand

Don't wait too long to get your rotator cuff repaired. They are salvageable if you don't wait too long. I had my right rotator cuff and bicep tendon re-attached last July and they were back to normal by January. Dont skip the rehab sessions.

I bought an inexpensive shooting rack a few years ago to help remove aiming errors and to see how accurate my 03-A3, M1917 and Enfield No. 4 Mk1 rifles really are and I found that it nearly eliminated the force from recoil.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the sound advice. I do appreciate it very much.

If I could afford time off from working I would get it done. Really cannot at this point. I do my rehab at home and pray for the best.

Replacement firing pin from "Springfield" armory.

5. Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jgaynor View Post
    Replacement firing pin from "Springfield" armory.
    Thank you jgaynor. That is the information I needed.

Do you have a reference from Brophy's book?

Can you post a picture of the cocking piece knob? Please oblige if possible.

Thanks!

J.B.