Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dick's sporting goods to discontinue selling Semiauto rifles such as the AR-15

Dick's is discontinuing selling AR-15s and their mags, no word on hi cap pistols! Or 12 gauge pumps with 00 buck which are exactly as deadly at close range if not more so.

I have never done business with them.

Wonder if they are going to show REAL commitment by destroying their stocks rather than fluffing them off on another seller...??

What about .223 ammo?
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 02-28-2018 at 04:54.

I went to Dick's to purchase a couple of boxes of 20 ga. shotshells on special. Clerk says, "Can I help you with something?" I respond, "I want two boxes of the shotgun shells that are on special." Clerk says, "Unless you know what size bullet you want, I can't help you." Pointing to the display of 20 ga shotshells, I say, "I just want two of these." Clerk says, "Do those bullets fit your rifle?" I answer, "I should go home and check before I buy them." That was the last time I entered Dick's Sporting Goods. I see them as a clothing retailer that stocks some hunting and fishing stuff. Regards, Clark

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    I have never done business with them.
    Worst excuse for a sporting goods store I've ever seen; even Walmart is superior.

Blog Entries

They sold the rifle to Cruz.

Not sure Big Box stores are long for this world anyway.

Dick's always lives up to it's name.

Stopped going to Sports Authority years ago when they discontinued sale of ammunition. Switched to Galyan's. Since selling out to Dick's, the store has been on a downhill slide for me. Unless….I happen to need some super tight Spandex outfits.
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

Dick's has always catered to the whims of their locale. Local WalMart does the same when it comes to firearms. It only takes a small group of housewives to stage a morning protest. The manager comes outside, tells them what they want to hear (We will no longer...) and away they go. Meanwhile the rest of us show up looking only to discover PC has made us waste our time in their parking lot. Local Dicks nearly eliminated any worthwhile firearms but were slowly returning to expanding the line. I noticed it when I stopped to check racquet prices/brands last year.
    I wonder if they'll drop the 10/22 again?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    Worst excuse for a sporting goods store I've ever seen; even Walmart is superior.
    Same opinion here too!

They sold the rifle to Cruz.

No, they sold a SHOTGUN to Cruz.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Unless….I happen to need some super tight Spandex outfits.
    If you do, don't forget the cry-baby hat that completes the outfit.