Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ken The Kanuck View Post
    Congrats USA

KTK
    Look @it this way Ken, regardless if we win or you win it is kept in the "family", after all we are cousins aren't we? If the U.S. wins Canada wins and vice-versa is the way I see it.
    Sam

US Women doing the heavy lifting at these games. Same as Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Look @it this way Ken, regardless if we win or you win it is kept in the "family", after all we are cousins aren't we? If the U.S. wins Canada wins and vice-versa is the way I see it.
    Sam
    I agree Sam, it seems to me that these women play for their country, then play for their team and then play for themselves.

To me the best of all the games.

The USA did look to me like they were the best team and they deserved the win.

KTK

At least Women's Team USA is playing better than the Chicago Blackhawks this year.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

That was a great game. I'm not sure why Canada's Jocelyne Larocque took off her silver medal immediately after receiving it. I guess she was expecting gold.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

6. Default

Really made a statement removing the silver. If it wasn't gold she wanted nothing to do with it.

7. Default

"Sports do not build character, they reveal it." Heywood Broun.

A lot of U.S. Citizens have ancestors, who came to the U.S.A. from Canada. We still have kin, who live north of us... or if you live near 'Hockeytown', (a.k.a. - Detroit), maybe south of us!

I have often avoided calling myself an "American", not from lack of pride in my country, but, because I feel the name rightfully should apply to everyone born in North and South America.

I can not imagine someone not loving Hockey. Hey, it's right up there with Curling!

The rivalry between Canadian and U.S. Teams is great because most of us like and respect each other. There may be jealousies and occasional resentment, but, it is very much like 'Sibling Rivalry'.

It is interesting that a lot of the women players, who represented Canada and the U.S.A. last night, know each other well, and may be teammates back in North America. Twenty-one of the Canadian Women Hockey Players attend colleges in the U.S.A.

It was great to watch the dedication, skill, and intensity.

(p.s. - Jocelyne Larocque removing her Silver Medal was shabby. I am glad her teammates showed more class and dignity).
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 02-22-2018 at 05:37.

9. Default

Don't knock curling. The Russian had to get doped up to compete at that level.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Don't knock curling. The Russian had to get doped up to compete at that level.
    i can see why the russians dope for it. it sure looks like good fun if you were drinking, other than that wow boring! LOL