Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    in no other nation on earth would those children be ridiculed for their points of view after the carnage they witnessed ....
    Explain to me how drawing attention to "thinking" that's not merely puerile but nonsensical, like calling NRA "murderers," falls into the category of ridicule. It's calling a spade a spade, unpopular as that is in PC America.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    How do we proactively counter this new youth inspired false dichotomy in the news?
    I don't know, except it's bound to cost money. Lots of money, because this "false dichotomy" is going to be hyped relentlessly by the media & Hollywood--billions in free publicity! Best way to collect & disperse the funds needed is through NRA.

Sandpebble:
    Yes you could say I am passing the buck because we adults have allowed others to build this country into the looney bin that allows kids to grow up with the attitude that society owes them perfect happiness and love... And if society falls short they must compose this elaborate manifesto of death, send it around, and... Once posted on social media they feel they must carry through and murder their classmates.
    I think we all ask ourselves how we got to this point... We sat on our reputations while Dr. Spock took discipline out of the home and schools. We ended the draft which for so many years was the period on the end of childhood. Young men no longer had to man up. And we handed the kids little electronic screens that they began to live by trying to please each other and avoid being "dissed." And by the way we took prayer out of the schools. As families so many of us stopped going to church.
    Yes I think we all stood there while these changes along with violent media and video games changed American youth. They are not the same young men we were and can no longer be trusted the way we were. Yes I am passing the buck. Right to the corporate interests, media moguls, pundits of psychiatry and morality, agnostics, and others who remodeled our society and particularly our schools, to match their vision (and to benefit their profit).
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 02-19-2018 at 04:10.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    Explain to me how drawing attention to "thinking" that's not merely puerile but nonsensical, like calling NRA "murderers," falls into the category of ridicule. It's calling a spade a spade, unpopular as that is in PC America.
    Thinking ??.... you might be "thinking" about your beloved guns ...

Others might be.... just maybe... thinking of their dead friends or children ... and thats where we differ....

If we refuse to recognize the cause of their dislike of of our toys .... then we will eventually pay the price. The Constitution will only last as long as the majority feels it is in their own best interest ...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    Sandpebble:
    Yes you could say I am passing the buck because we adults have built this country into the looney bin that allows kids to grow up with the attitude that society owes them perfect happiness and love... And if society folks short they must compose this elaborate manifesto... Once posted on social media they feel they must carry through and murder their classmates.
    I think we all ask ourselves how we got to this point... We sat on out reputatiins while Dr. Spock took discipline out of the home and schools. We ended the draft which fir so many years was the period on the end of childhood. Young men no longer had to man up. And we handed the kids little electronic screens that they began to live by trying to please each other and avoid being "dissed." And by the way we took prayer out of the schools.
    Yes I think we all stood there while these changes along with violent media and video games changed American youth. They are not the same young men we were and can no longer be trusted the way we were. Yes I am passing the buck. Right to the corporate interests, media moguls, pundits of psychiatry and morality, agnostics, and others who remodeled our society and particularly our schools, to their vision (and profit).
    Sorry Griff.... we aren't really taling about kids growing up in a society that owes them perfect happiness and love ....

we're talking about a society that has countless kids witnessing shootings in their schools ..... if we ever wanted our children to take an interest in politics ..... there could have been a better issue .

blame whoever you want ... pro gun NRA ... leftist commie teachers ... dems ... repugs .. but those victims in all our school shootings aren't to blame for those shootings ...

nor should they be blamed for the conclusions they come to after the fact ...

Sandpebble, they make you king and you get to set the gun rules for the land. What would you do? A tough question, but not a snide one. Trying to understand where you would take things.

7. Default If I were King ...

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Sandpebble, they make you king and you get to set the gun rules for the land. What would you do? A tough question, but not a snide one. Trying to understand where you would take things.
    If I were King Togor... I'd have to look at the other "civilized " nations that do not have the problem that we certainly do.

I'm not so critical of New Zealands ideas. Want to own an AR ?... no prob really except that you not only have to pass some very strict back ground checks... you have to be given the OK from members of a gun affilliation { club}.... you know... your peers. Almost like when I bought my Once In Your Life Time M1 from the Directorate of Civilian Marksmanship.

That M1 wasn't my right ... I earned the purchase through proof of involvement in competitive shooting with others of a like mind.

New Zealands ideas makes everyone a little responsible. I would also take the NRA's own recomendations and turn them into law ...

You allowed your child access to a firearm he brought to school... you go to jail. You "loaned" your gun to friend that commited a crime with it, or straw purchase... sorry ... do not pass go. Don't want to keep the guns in a safe ? OK... someone uses your easly accesable gun ... jail. Accidental shootings ... same thing... If you follow the most basic NRA gun handling procedures no one would ever be harmed... if you don't and someone is harmed... jail.

A few regs like New Zealands are not taking anyones Constitutional rights away ... In my eye it just seems to be a method of making sure I don't lose them. Give a little.. keep a lot..... and do we need mention the lives?....

The amount of firearms in this country in the hands of loonies, druggies , thieves, etc etc and the consequences, far surpasses any where else in the world....

nope... our laws haven't stopped all this .... but neither have we with our present mindset
    Last edited by Sandpebble; 02-19-2018 at 05:10.

Well you are free to make judgements but I did not mention the New Zealanders' regs by accident. Mind you, despite NO mass shootings and virtually being free of gun related crime, the anti's are all over the NZ gun owners like a cheap suit. If we back "reasonable gun laws" the reality is there are 8 million AR platform guns in civilian hands in America and the last mass shooting is a long way away from having happened. And you can bet they will blame us even long after the very last legally registered one has been confiscated.

That said we may as well come up with "something." Unfortunately we'll still have the same millennial school and university sickos to deal with.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpebble View Post
    nor should they be blamed for the conclusions they come to after the fact ...
    Irrationality is blameless? Though I'll acknowledge that their irrationality isn't entirely their own--they have merely tapped in to a left-wing crusade that began long before any one could have imagined school-shootings. Nothing justifies madness.

10. Default You did add something ther Griff ... worthy of note

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    Well you are free to make judgements but I did not mention the New Zealanders' regs by accident. Mind you, despite NO mass shootings and virtually being free of gun related crime, the anti's are all over the NZ gun owners like a cheap suit. If we back "reasonable gun laws" the reality is there are 8 million AR platform guns in civilian hands in America and the last mass shooting is a long way away from having happened. And you can bet they will blame us even long after the very last legally registered one has been confiscated.

That said we may as well come up with "something." Unfortunately we'll still have the same millennial school and university sickos to deal with.
    as you say "And you can bet they will blame us even long after the very last legally registered one has been confiscated. "

well we've always fought registration .. haven't we ?

Sure all those 8 million platform ARs were purchased through a NICs .... but I'm betting more than half were sold private sale the first month rent was hard to come by.

and as far as blame us ? ..... you were expecting someone else to take the blame ... all of us own this... each and every one