1. Default Value of issue M14A1 SA walnut stock w/e

I have this stock,buttplate,muzzle brake, forend grip, long sling, bipod and cleaning pouch tucked away. Probably 85% condition. Any thoughts on what I should ask selling them all together?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier54 View Post
    I have this stock,buttplate,muzzle brake, forend grip, long sling, bipod and cleaning pouch tucked away. Probably 85% condition. Any thoughts on what I should ask selling them all together?

been a while since I priced them,

check ebay (sold auctions, under advanced search) as well as Gunbroker,

bipod, is it a modified? (should have the swivel on the bottom) and does it have the yellow DOD mark?

stock is Birch, correct?

3. Default

Has dod paint stamp. Walnut SA under butt plate. Similar birch without brake sling bipod or correct cleaning out on eBay now for 599. Only missing tiny black plugs for bottom stock holes not used.

The one on ebay is an E2 stock and apparently what you have. $599 is a good price and a going price. That particular one is birch and a little beat up. Figure maybe another $100 for walnut. I paid near $700 for one of mine but it has semi fancy grain (birch) and in near new condition. The hardware is worth about what the whole stocks sell for because there is no source for it. The main item being the front grip. Parts of the buttplate are available as reproductions and the standard M14 BP will not fit. Your bipod sounds to be original with the DOD paint on it. The repro's are near identical except for the paint and part # stamped on it. I've seen these sell for around $300 for original and $100+ for the repo's. It all depends upon supply and demand at the time and who is interested. I have a muzzle break but don't know much about them. The repo's sell for about $30+ and are probably made as well as the originals which of course are more valuable but I don't know off hand how to tell them apart. On-line pictures and research will probably be your best bet for a better evaluation.

The rubber plugs for the butt plate can be bought from Sarco last time I checked. They are cheap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen; 02-17-2018 at 09:42.

5. Default

Thanks. No the plugs fit in the holes in the bottom of the grip area in those holes not used by the foregrip . Have an nsn so I suppose the maker of commercial equal could be figured out.