1. Default For what it's worth

Cabela's is having a sale . One that is hard to pass on is the Savage 12FFV . With rebate you can pick this gun up for 269.99 .
    My nephew has one of these in 6.5 Creedmoore . If their 308 shoots as good as his 6.5 it would be a keeper . It also comes in 223 and 22-250 . The 308 has my attention right now . Wish somebody would make a 30-06 on the cheap side that shoots like some of these current rifles .
    Just thought I would throw it out there in case someone wanted to have a look .
    Kenneth

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aintright View Post
    Cabela's is having a sale . One that is hard to pass on is the Savage 12FFV . With rebate you can pick this gun up for 269.99 .
    My nephew has one of these in 6.5 Creedmoore . If their 308 shoots as good as his 6.5 it would be a keeper . It also comes in 223 and 22-250 . The 308 has my attention right now . Wish somebody would make a 30-06 on the cheap side that shoots like some of these current rifles .
    Just thought I would throw it out there in case someone wanted to have a look .
    Kenneth
    I have the Savage 12 FV in 223. It is the most accurate rifle I've ever shot. With my loads it averages .28 MOA.

3. Default

.28 , that's smokin . Your going to cause me to spend some money .
    Kenneth

Friend of mine (RIP) had a Savage 112 FV in 22-250. While I was shooting BP at one end of the range he walked up and showed me a 5 shot, half inch group from his rifle. Impressive, but I was more impressed when I heard he had done that at 200 yards. This was a new rifle, out of the box, first time out for a break-in session.

So, a .223 producing 1/4+" group at 100 is not out of the question at all with an off-the-shelf rifle.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**