Default Gun auction purchase

This past Saturday my son and I attended a gun auction here in kommiefornia (yes they still have them). I went there specifically for two 03's that were listed on the website. One, a 1300000 still in military configuration and the other which had been sporterized. Upon inspection the 1.3 mil had been rebuilt multiple times and had an AV 18 bbl attached. The stock had two SAA cartouches and I was going to bid on it but the starting bid was higher than I thought the weapon was worth. The other I bid on because of the serial number 1529034. Much to my surprise it was still wearing it's original (I think) SA 10/38 bbl. and looked as though it had it's original finish. Now for the good stuff. It was listed as a "hobbyist" sporterization. What I found was that both the front and rear sight bases had been removed which is normal for a 50's/60's job. Unfortunately the front sight spline had been ground off. The stock had been a type S which at one time had grasping grooves. They were no longer there as the wood had been sanded past the depth of the grooves. I know this because it still had the tell tale Mk 1 cut on the side. It had been shortened and rounded to a point below where the lower band wound be. Both receiver bridges were drilled and tapped and a Weaver K4 was mounted. I bid on it and won for $225. My plans are to turn it in to a Marine Corps sniper type rifle as I have had a Lyman Super Target Spot for some years. I thought is would be a good starting point. I can't post any photos as I have to wait 10 days before picking it up (friggin calif). Any tips on this project would be appreciated and if I may, could someone do a SRS check just to appease my curiosity.

Mike George

Unfortunately, no SRS match in my records. The barrel does sound like a match, though.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Thank you for checking.