Thread: Drone ships

Default Drone ships

Looks like a good idea to me but I wish U.S. arms manufacturers would include self destruction devices on items like this in case of capture.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ined-Navy.html

But what happens when someone helicopters an assault team onto it and takes it over?

That's what the self destruct device would be for. Controlled at the command base. Boom !!!!

Otherwise all the technology is lost and "gifted" to some hostile nation (again).

leftyo Guest

its all fine and dandy until someone hacks it, or something breaks and it takes off on its own, or just sinks.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    its all fine and dandy until someone hacks it, or something breaks and it takes off on its own, or just sinks.
    Like driverless cars?

I caught it (I hesitate to say "her" in this case) tied up in the Willamette a couple years ago, before the sea trials. It was a real mystery at the time.

sea_hunter_2.JPG sea_hunter.JPG

jn

Excellent idea. There will be kinks. The kinks will get worked out. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

This way there won't be a captain to relieve when the ship runs aground or collides with another vessel. They'll just tell the operator to turn in his joystick until he gets some refresher training.

Re: Running aground/collisions. Lots and lots and lots of big airplanes with lots and lots of people and lots and lots of high prices cargoes fly thousands and thousands of miles every day ... controlled by computers. Shouldn't be a big problem having a computer run a ship. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Shouldn't be a big problem having a computer run a ship
    Unless it's in the Sea of Japan?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**