Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Gun illiterate news media

We all know how dumb the liberal news media is when it comes to guns, ammo and any type of scary weapons. I just heard on FOX that a person of interest is the one who sold the Las Vegas shooter 720 rounds of ammo. They claimed he had manufactured (reloaded) some armor piercing ammo and sold it like this is some kind of crime. They (FOX) said that the concern was that the armor piercing bullets were so bad because "they made a flame that the other bullets would follow". If you didn't know a single thing about bullets you should be able to figure out what armor piercing might mean.

Their exact words though. You would expect such stupidity from ABC, CBS, NBC and all the rest.

I guess it is a sign of the times when overpopulation causes people to live under a rock, in crowded cities, apartments and subdivisions and not experience the simplest of freedoms and fun of shooting.

These are the ones trying to persuade us in what is right and wrong when they themselves haven't got a clue. In their minds they are preaching to us, the little people.

Blog Entries

Not sure 7.62x51 as AP is legal in every jurisdiction.

3. Default

Remember that it's "Journalism". Truth and accuracy are immaterial. Of utmost importance is the sensationalism - it sells advertising for Chebbys and Sugar-laden breakfast cereals. It's nothing new - Been that way since back in the days of 'Yellow Journalism'.
    Last edited by AZshooter; 02-03-2018 at 02:24.

You can never get the straight gouge unless you review the court records. This is a Federal arrest so State law is immaterial. It may be wrong, but in some circles they are saying the rounds were APIT, which I think is banned by the Feds.

The bullets in the cartridges were armor-piercing, with an incendiary capsule in the nose, the complaint says.
    Then there are some things that turn "reloading," into manufacturing. The use of new virgin brass is one... If you reload fired cartridges, by definition it is "reloading." If you are using factory new, brass, bullets, powder, and primers where does the "re..." come into the scene?

I know, lots and lots of guys use virgin brass in their custom hand loads and nobody cares. Take the same exact same ammo to gun shows and sell them by the hundreds or the thousands for profit with no licenses or permits, and then have some cockeyed lunatic use them to kill a bunch of people, and you are likely to end up in Club Fed.

JMHO

leftyo Guest

it is the fact he sold reloaded ammunition, as you must have the proper ffl to do so legally.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyo View Post
    it is the fact he sold reloaded ammunition, as you must have the proper ffl to do so legally.
    No, look it up. If my memory serves FFL's that are required to sell guns and those required for manufacturing and selling ammunition are different.. FFL's are relative to guns, not ammunition. Thousands of hardware stores, quick shops, etc sell ammunition and do not have an FFL. I have a local Tractor Supply store and a local Orschlens Hardware store that sells ammunition... but they can't sell guns because they don't have a corporate FFL.

As I understand it, this guy had a type 01 FFL, that allowed him to sell firearms. He did not have a type 10 FFL that allowed him to manufacture:

... destructive device ammunition for destructive devices or armor piercing ammunition.
    Last edited by RED; 02-03-2018 at 04:42.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    No, look it up. If my memory serves FFL's that are required to sell guns and those required for manufacturing and selling ammunition are different.. FFL's are relative to guns, not ammunition. Thousands of hardware stores, quick shops, etc sell ammunition and do not have an FFL. I have a local Tractor Supply store and a local Orschlens Hardware store that sells ammunition... but they can't sell guns because they don't have a corporate FFL.

As I understand it, this guy had a type 01 FFL, that allowed him to sell firearms. He did not have a type 10 FFL that allowed him to manufacture:
    thats why i said THE PROPER FFL, you need the correct FFL to sell ammunition that you have manufactured or reloaded. i used to work in the industry.
    Last edited by leftyo; 02-03-2018 at 05:31.

One has to have the correct license to make and sell any king of ammo that can be used in any firearm. There is a fee involved and this guy did not pay the fees and did not have a federal license to manufacture ammunition. It's not against the law to load any ammo for your own use BUT it is against Federal law to try and sell it if your not licensed.

My point was that the media does not know what an armor piercing bullet is. They described a tracer but stated that the rest of the bullets would follow the trail of fire as if they were automated to do so.

leftyo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    My point was that the media does not know what an armor piercing bullet is. They described a tracer but stated that the rest of the bullets would follow the trail of fire as if they were automated to do so.
    the media knows virtually nothing, even when someone straight up corrects them, next time they half modify what they were saying and make it even goofier. the famous magazine clips!