Default What's up with Walther?

I want a PPK or PPK/s in 380 and new ones are not to be found anywhere..... did they stop making these or what?

I can't find any info out there as to whats going on....

What's in the rumor mill?
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Bud's gun shop.com
    Saam

A few years back Walther introduced their new line of pistols and suspended the PP and PPK line for a while. It was told in the gun rags. Don't know if they ever came back. The PPK/s is still in inventory in some places but I don't know all what calibers. I've seen 22LR but can't recall seeing .32 or .380. Not that I look for them but they catch my eye in a display case.
    Rumor has it that S&W certainly didn't do Walther any favors with their licensed version. No first hand experience on my part.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Cabelas shows a picture but states they discontinued them in 2012. It appears that Walther is trying to push out the old line of steel guns with the influence of the crap, plastic, kiddie guns that have flooded the market from all manufacturers. Why cast, forge and machine a pistol frame when you can mold it for about $3 and sell it for the same price? The only new PPK's I see are in 22LR. Like JB said, looks like they are gone. You might find a NOS gun in 380 on GunBroker or the gun shows. I see a lot of nice used ones on GB.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Walth...ols/706588.uts
    Last edited by Allen; 01-29-2018 at 05:39.

Don't buy one of the S&W versions without a serious test firing. I have run across several owners who have feeding problems and broken extractors on the 380. Regards, Clark

Few months ago I was at the Ohio Collectors show. There were PPKs all over the place. One guy was selling 22's & 308's Saw only one PPKS and it was blued, which is what I would want. Have seen several S's but they are most always bright or chrome., whatever.
    The PPK importing was outlawed by the feds years ago because of barrel length. That is when the S came out. Same frame but longer barrel. PPK's run about 7-900, used, while the S is a 'lil cheaper.
    You can never go home again.

7. Default

Had the S&W Walter P22 with both barrels . Accuracy was acceptable , but not as good as a Ruger MK1 or 2 . Feeding was good with most ammo . Biggest complaint was front sight kept popping off . It came with three post , was on the last one when I got rid of it . Kenneth

8. Default

Walther's 2018 catalogue shows PPK and PPK/s models in .380 with both stainless and black finishes. The black is likely blackened stainless. They have been stringing customers along for several years and these may or may not become available. I would look for a used Ulm (German) pistol.

In reality it was the frame of the PPK that was declared to be too short. So Walther took the PPK slide and barrel and put it on the PP frame which was bigger. The PPKS was born and had enough points to be allowed to be imported under the gun control act of 1968.