1. Default My "new" Krag Model 1898

Acquired this rifle today from a private party. It's in very good condition IMO. Best part is it hasn't been "improved" by anyone that I can see. The sling is not original, but the bore, metal and wood is very good. I'm pretty happy with this for $800. I have posted on some other forums today because I have been unable to connect with CSP for a couple of days. I'd like opinions on the rifle and any other info anyone can think of. Click on the link for pics.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/8C02A297D0B421B
    Last edited by Brad in Idaho; 01-29-2018 at 05:17.

Beautiful rifle! Wonderful pictures! Good bore, metal, wood! What's not to like?!!! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Beautiful rifle! Wonderful pictures! Good bore, metal, wood! What's not to like?!!! Sincerely. bruce.
    Very nice!

Nice looking rifle!
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

5. Default

Your rifle has been reworked / cleaned at Benecia Arsenal and carries the initials of one of the two inspectors I have seen connected with that unit. Likely that is where it was refitted with the later 1902 rear sight. Really neat, I love these BA rifles when you can find them.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    Your rifle has been reworked / cleaned at Benecia Arsenal and carries the initials of one of the two inspectors I have seen connected with that unit. Likely that is where it was refitted with the later 1902 rear sight. Really neat, I love these BA rifles when you can find them.
    I used to live about 25 miles from Benicia and had a relative who worked at the arsenal before it closed. Of my military firearms, this Krag is the only one I have with a Bencia Arsenal stamp.

Really nice Brad.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

8. Default

Thx John, looking forward to taking it to the range.