Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    leftyo Guest

i currently wet tumble with pins for cleaning. i have run one heck of a lot of brass through the frankfort wet tumbler over the last few years. works good. i still tumble with corn cob for removing lube from bottleneck cases.

[ A food dehydrator ala dryer from Wal-Mart of any other low cost type works fine

No need to buy reloading price equipment for it.

My brother likes the wet setup, it does not work for my shop setup so I just vibrator clean.

It gets the lube off and I like shiny brass. I also do a quick primer pocket clean and that is not needed either according to some.

The Frankford Arsenal case dryer does a nice and fast job. They claim 1000 .223 cases in less than an hour. I run 500 rnd batches of .308 and 6.5 and give it an hour on the 160 deg. setting. This thing has a large enough fan and heating element to get things done in short order. Beats using the oven. For just over $50. I had to give it a try and I am very pleased.

Semper Fi
    Art

Blog Entries

I've never used anything but corn cob and walnut shells in my vibratory cleaner, but on another site I read others use ~1Tbsp of mineral spirits and a like amount of Nu-Finish. I also cut a used dryer sheet into 8 squares and threw them in. 2 hrs later the bnrass is like new shiney and the dryer sheets have picked up all the dust and the media is noticeably cleaner. I've used this twice now and the media gets cleaner, lighter color each time and no dust. Cleaning time is noticeably reduced.

I am processing 10,000 pieces of brass with the Frankford Tumbler, used their sample packet the first time. Was amazed at how clean and shiny the brass came out...looks like new! My dryer is the one from Hornady, does a very good job and quick on drying. I load the drum per instructions, couple of drops of wife's liquid dish detergent and a level teaspoon of Lemi-Shine and it does just as good a job as the sample packet. I run the drum for 60 minutes and 20 minutes to dry with a 10 minute cool down before sorting the brass.
    Sam