Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Years ago while operating hand held RADAR, I would not stop you unless you were at least 15 over, and if I could not write a citation every 10 minuets it was non productive and I would change locations, I never had a problem with goal achievement. Once while driving the speed limit on a country road I had about 15 cars behind me, the last car decided to pass all of us, problem for the driver, the oncoming car was a sheriffs car with moving RADAR, Bahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by noslack327 View Post
    Once while driving the speed limit on a country road I had about 15 cars behind me, the last car decided to pass all of us
    Back when I was 16 or so that was the thing to do. We boys would compare notes on how many cars we could pass at one time on 2 lane roads. A friend of mine did 19. The most for me was only 5 or 6 but I wasn't in that contest. Times were a lot different back then. Getting a ticket was not much of a concern. Getting killed was but hey, we were invincible at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Back when I was 16 or so that was the thing to do. We boys would compare notes on how many cars we could pass at one time on 2 lane roads. A friend of mine did 19. The most for me was only 5 or 6 but I wasn't in that contest. Times were a lot different back then. Getting a ticket was not much of a concern. Getting killed was but hey, we were invincible at that age.
    About 20 years ago a friend was returning from a motorcycle trip on a section of I70 that was reduced to a two lane section due to construction. A guy tried to pass a long line of cars for what appeared to be a small opening ahead. That small opening was my friend on his motorcycle. Well the guy was able to get to the small opening just in time but he smashed into my friend putting him in the hospital for six weeks with extended recovery and much rehab. The idiot didn't think he had done anything wrong but witnesses let the State Police know what they saw the guy do.

I was a member of the local fire dept. for 27 years. 90% of all accidents during snowstorms involved 4 wheel drive vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in NH View Post
    I was a member of the local fire dept. for 27 years. 90% of all accidents during snowstorms involved 4 wheel drive vehicles.
    We have Jeeps with a go slow policy, people can always pass...when they do I see them spun out on the side of the road.
    Sam

It's the false sense of security of 4WD. Quadra-Trac II is an excellent drive system, but a give me a manual transfer case in greasy conditions, and let me switch to 2WD when it's time to hit the breaks.

Welcome to my world in the high country of Colorado.
    Those flatlanders forgot to get their 4 wheel drives with the 4 wheel stop option.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

I lived in MN for 55 years. Never had a problem in my 2 wheel drive (sure grip differential) muscle cars, and never had a problem with my 4 wheel drive vehicles. I was smart enough to KNOW that my HEAVIER SUV might go through snow, but it will take a LONGER distance to STOP!!

I also KNEW that with the sure grip (posi traction to you chevy folks) that if you were on a curve, especially a bridge deck that curves on an icy day, do NOT speed up, do NOT slow down or you WILL spin out!

Whenever I'd tow my boat, every moron in the world would cut right in front of me. One time I had all the wheels smoking (locked up) and the moron never even heard me or saw the cloud of smoke. It is EVEN WORSE today with all the MORONS TEXTING!!

they need a law that makes the phone companys SHUT the phone off once it starts moving at 3 MPH!! yeah I know. some passenger says "what about my right to talk". I said "what about my right to NOT get hit or sideswiped?"
    Last edited by Former Cav; 01-18-2018 at 06:13.