Thread: Krag bayonet

Default Krag bayonet

All you knowledgeable Krag guys, Dick especially. Take a look at bayonet forum and Bowie bayo! What do you think?
    You can never go home again.

I still do not own one, and those pictures do not show really great detail, but, given the overall consistency of patina and uniform degree of wear, I'm going to vote "real", based on what I can see.

That is what I did and I have much less experience then you. May be a chance for you to pick one up?
    You can never go home again.

I'm really not into buying much any more, and I'm not sure that one is even for sale. Besides, the ground-off US and (presumed?) lack of scabbard would be huge negatives for me - honest wear is OK, but abuse/buggering isn't. I'll wait for the garage sale one for $75!!!! [GRIN]

5. Default

Looks like a real one to me but, like Dick, better ones are floating around and with scabbards.

http://kragcollectorsassociation.org/photos/
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt