Thread: SRS request

1. Default SRS request

I have recently purchased a Springfield Armory 03, S/N 1272741 with a star gauged barrel, wondering if it has any known history? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 19coupe55 View Post
    I have recently purchased a Springfield Armory 03, S/N 1272741 with a star gauged barrel, wondering if it has any known history? Thanks
    From the SRS records: Does it have all the other NM characteristics?

1272723NM 08/17/26 SA TO 1926 NM
    1272742 09/28/27 DCM RIFLE SALES 1922-42
    1272743NM 03/26/30 DCM RIFLE SALES 1922-42

3. Default

98src, not familiar with the other NM characteristics, what else should I be looking for?

Polished bolt body with the serial number etched on it. Polished follower top and polished rails. Star gage record number on the barrel under the handguard ( a letter with a number under it ). Also, the stock would most likely have a DAL cartouche. Also, the overall condition of the rifle would be better than most military issued rifles. Any pictures?

5. Default

98src, looked over rifle and not much to report...no polished follower, bolt body or top rails, different stock. Barrel does have letter with number, see picture.barrel 1.jpg

Well, I guess that all we can say for sure is that you have a star gauged barrel. However, all NM rifles do not show up in the SRS records. Does the bolt have any letters on the safety lug or root of the handle?

7. Default

98src, how's this?....bolt.jpg

Interesting as an L3 isn't listed in JB's site, but an L2 and L5 date to 1919-1920. Click on the blue triangle and look for a W on the bolt.
    http://www.vishooter.net/slc6_2008.html

PS Bookmark the homepage to vishooter, Full of great info.

I see the W in the upper left. So, a WL3 bolt. Is that correct for the serial range?