Thread: US knife?

1. Default US knife?

Anyone ever see a knife that looks like an M-4 carbine bayonet with the hole for the muzzle in the gaurd, but no latch on the handle? I saw one and the guy said they were made for the Navy. Saw another at a gun show. Both were gaurd marked and had the maker ground off. Any photos? what would one like that be worth?

Jeremy69- I have one. Mine is what I believe to be an Imperial made version. It has the M4 guard, w/ an M3 pommel. The handle is 6 groove w/ red-brown spacers, and the late leather washers used on Imperial M3's. The spacers have cut-outs for the M4 pommel rivets??. I believe they were post-war assembled from left-over parts. I don't have any photos, camera dead and computer crashed . SKIP

3. Default

I know where I can pick one up for $35, good shape and has a old leather sheath. Sounds just like you described. With the maker ground off I didn't pay much thought to it until I saw a second one just like it. At much less than an M3 or M4 might be interesting??

jeremy-I paid $50 for mine w/ an M8 scabbard. It's a nice variation.Mine too, was unmarked. But, as I mentioned before it had Imperial characteristics. I really like mine. SKIP

5. Default

This one has a leather scabbard that is old and does not feel military, I guess I could get an M8 too. ahh, if its still there I may have to buy it.

jeremy-Don't be too hasty. My guess is you have the correct scabbard. Imperial used leather sheaths on their after market knives. I have one with a late M3 w/ stampings removed. SKIP

7. Default

Here it is, I have shown it next to an M4 Imperial. note the remains of the 4 and L.
    Attached Images Attached Images

jeremy- That's it! I like the brown & black spacers, hadn't seen that yet. Scabbard is the same one I've got. Cool! SKIP

9. Default

Does yours have the remnants of the gaurd marking? Nice side note to my collection for $40 OTD.