Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliman View Post
    I'd say maybe or maybe not. I have seen Marine serialied R-coded bolts before.
    I've seen Marine serialized R-coded Remington bolts also. But an R 1 bolt is not a Remington bolt, and I have yet to find evidence that the Marines got any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliman View Post
    Not surprising. I don't think I've seen a Marine rebuild with a bad barrel. Not the Corps' style.
    Marine M1903's have been out of service and in Bubba's hands for about 70 years. Bad barrels are not uncommon.

J.B.
    Last edited by John Beard; 02-06-2018 at 06:36.

Quote Originally Posted by LAH View Post
    I think I figured out what was missing...the proper background...

Attachment 42895
    LAH

Even rehabilitated criminals will re-offend if given certain encouragement. And if your picture causes Rick to start flashing his picture...I will be re-OFFENDED!
    I am now wearing Army BCGs from his last assault.

BEAR

3. Default

Even rehabilitated criminals will re-offend if given certain encouragement. And if your picture causes Rick to start flashing his picture...I will be re-OFFENDED!
    I am now wearing Army BCGs from his last assault.

BEAR[/QUOTE]

Remember, when the Afghan flashes, ensure to shelter in place and don your IBA and protective eyewear....

rex-specs-dog-goggles-1024x387.jpg

4. Default

John you are absolutely right on both accounts. I'll attribute it to a brain fart.

And of course, bubba could have killed s good barrel, but I doubt many people out there shoot enough to wear them out, so improper storage is probably the biggest threat.

That being said, with the hyper focus on marksmanship and individual accountability, the Marine barrels I've seen have always been solid. Not a guarantee of course

5. Default

JB

Of those Remington bolts you’ve seen on USMC rifles, were they all 1903, or were any 1903A3 bolts?

TY

Quote Originally Posted by islandhopper View Post
    JB

Of those Remington bolts you’ve seen on USMC rifles, were they all 1903, or were any 1903A3 bolts?

TY
    Some were what you would call 1903A3 bolts.

J.B.

7. Default

Thank you sir. Always appreciate you sharing your knowledge.