1. Question Colt's 22 Conversion Slide Stop

Hi, can anyone tell me the difference between the standard Colt's slide stop and the #2 that's used on the Colt 22 Conversion kit? Obviously they were marked #2 for a reason. I also noticed that a company is making an after market replacement slide stop.http://www.egwguns.com/1911-parts/eg...-for-colt-ace/

Anyone have any insights, regards, Mike

The slide stop for the Service Model Ace and .22 conversion unit need to be slightly longer to engage the magazine follower of the .22 magazines to lock the slide back. They were not numbered until the 1950 time period.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    The slide stop for the Service Model Ace and .22 conversion unit need to be slightly longer to engage the magazine follower of the .22 magazines to lock the slide back. They were not numbered until the 1950 time period.
    Hi, thanks Johnny I recently received a conversion unit and the slide stop is unmarked. I assumed it was the wrong stop. I'll measure it and see if it "measures up". Thanks, regards, Mike

4. Default

Hi, I measured the slide stop and compared it to a Springfield, INC. slide stop from an early 80's 1911. It was pretty close. After consideration I compared it to a real Colt made in 1919 and the Conversion slide stop was indeed longer. A hint to me that the Springfield stop is longer, was that when inserting a loaded magazine you must push on the slide stop instead of just pulling back the slide to disengage it, regards, Mike