1. Default How to increase trigger pull weight on my M1903A1?

I was going to shoot my RIA 03 in a M1, Springfield CMP match. When they weighed my trigger I was not able to shoot my rifle because the trigger broke at less than 3.5 lbs. I put in a new sear spring and the trigger still breaks at less than 3.5 lbs. (Around 48 ounces) What would you recommend to increase the trigger pull weight to at least 3.5 lbs? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Blog Entries

At this point, I would simply start trying different parts.

New sear, New cocking rod, new trigger assy, etc. Mix and match to get above that 3.5. Per the Army regs, anything > 3.0 lbs was still serviceable, but the CMP doesn't see it that way.

main spring in bolt might help

A heavier spring is the way to go. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Seasons' Greetings!

A simple way to increase spring pressure is to insert tiny washers or spacers down into the front recess for the sear spring.

Good Luck! And Happy New Year!

J.B.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John Beard View Post
    Seasons' Greetings!

A simple way to increase spring pressure is to insert tiny washers or spacers down into the front recess for the sear spring.

Good Luck! And Happy New Year!

J.B.
    Thanks

Wolff Springs will sell you a 'Rifle Service Pak" of 1 each 20 pound striker spring, bolt sleeve lock spring, cut off plunger spring, floor plate catch spring and sear spring for $11.29 each.
    48 ounces is exactly 3 pounds. I'd really be thinking of finding another rifle with a stock trigger instead of fiddling with that trigger. It's light, but a lot of hunters dream about trigger like that.
    Spelling and grammar count!