Default Free 03a3 bubba'ed Remington barrel

My dad bought me my first O3A3 from Deep River Armory in Houston in 1966. Had a lot of fun shooting blanks out of it in High School ROTC and started shooting high power with it. There was all this free for the picking shiny 7.62 brass laying around at the matches and no '06. So Elmer Ballance cut back and chambered it for 7.62 NATO. Time passed and about 15 years ago I thought I would shoot it in CMP and had the shortened barrel rechambered for '06. Well I forgot, and apparently the gunsmith forgot, that 7.62 NATO (.308 Win. for practical purposes - please let's not have a long SAAMI standards discussion) - is fatter - it would fire form '06s with the 7.62 bulge in them.

SO I offered this Remington 2 groove barrel that had been regrettably modified - someone wanted it! Uh oh could not find. Well today I found it. Regrettably at the back of the garage, it has exterior rust from moisture but the bore is OK. Free to you for shipping, btw the part that would show in front is ok. Please if this is for a project have a real gunsmith do the work. To me it's a tomato stake but yours for shipping. Google Griffin T. Murphey, DDS call my office. My old A3 now wears a DCM $3 A-3 barrel. Shoots great!

2. Default

Griff Murphey, I am interested in the barrel for the 03A3. I have Ackley reamers that will clean up all of the mistakes and misunderstandings.

In In Dallas, Texas; my cell phone is .

F. Guffey

Thank you.

Forgive, with all of the crazies in the Internet I furnished too much information. If the barrel is still available I will contact you through the mail.
    Last edited by fguffey; 01-23-2018 at 06:48.

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    Griff Murphey, I am interested in the barrel for the 03A3. I have Ackley reamers that will clean up all of the mistakes and misunderstandings.

In In Dallas, Texas; my cell phone is .

F. Guffey

Thank you.

Forgive, with all of the crazies in the Internet I furnished too much information. If the barrel is still available I will contact you through the mail.
    Ok feel free to contact me I am in the internet under my real name easy enough to call or write my office! I am in the downtown Harris Hospital area. If I can get your info I can send you pictures and you can decide if you want it or not...
    Griff
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 01-24-2018 at 10:47.