Default How about this 42 WT

Picked this one up because it had orig. grips. Removed them for a 16". https://imgur.com/a/sgnxW

wasn't there a bunch converted to fighting knives during the second world war?

Appears to be well done, Not Bubbatized!

Quote Originally Posted by 1563621 View Post
    Appears to be well done, Not Bubbatized!

I agree. I've seen a few such knives over the years and they have all appeared as yours.
    on a side note, while looking around for knives similar to yours I found this site http://antiqueoutings.com/m1905-bayonet/ it has a story about union fork and hoe using the cut off blade ends on a hoe called the SPEEDLINE

Picked up these two knives made from bayonets, and it started me thinking. The first one is a 1942 dated M1905 16-inch bayonet that was ground down into a 7-inch blade and the markings mostly removed (although you can see the remains of the date and the manufacturers number on the inside of the guard, C-64055-UF indicating Union Fork and Hoe). The shape of the blade is a little different from others I’ve seen, like the Wilde Tool cut-down bayonet shown below it in the first photo. Most of the ones I’ve seen made during WWII were 6 to 7 inches long and shaped like hunting knives or the Marine Corps Fighting Knife/USN Mark 2. This one is more like the Western Commando knife L-77 suggesting it was shaped to mimic the L-77’s pointed blade. This would also seem to suggest that it was made as more of a fighting knife than a general purpose knife.

Attached Images

BKConvA.jpg THIS IS a POST FROM 2014
    Last edited by 1563621; 01-07-2018 at 06:24.

did you attach images sir? because they don't show up on my screen.

Bayonet to Knife Conversions - EDGED WEAPONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

It will not let me copy pic.
    Last edited by 1563621; 01-07-2018 at 01:31.

I saw a WT with the wrong handle for for $450.

Last true one I saw went for $750

I have one I got when I was a kid that is all there and 16 inch.