Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White slavery

Default White slavery

I wonder what kind of apology the blacks will give to the whites?

KTK

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-englan...turally-erased

east of Eden in the land of Nod on the boulevard of broken dreams

Slim to none , and Slim left town on the morning bus saying he wasn't coming back .
    Hang the bitch , because simply fading away shouldn't be an option
    "Les Deplorables"

What good would such an apology do for those enslaved for the rest of their lives so long ago by people who've been long dead and turned to soil.
    I'm not due or need an apology from anyone for any reason.
    Last edited by Fred; 01-02-2018 at 12:07.

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

oooh....do I hear "reparation time$ coming $oon from the U.N. maybe??? (said in a $arcastic tone)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    What good would such an apology do for those enslaved for the rest of their lives so long ago by people who've been long dead and turned to soil.
    I'm not due or need an apology from anyone for any reason.
    This is exactly what the whites have been trying to tell the blacks for the past 100 years or so. No one living today has been a slave, owned a slave or had anything in the world to do with slavery. Even our native Indians who welcomed the Spanish explorers were taken as slaves by them.
    Last edited by Allen; 01-02-2018 at 01:52.

Nobody has ever apologised to the Irish either.
    "...No one living today has been a slave..." That's not true. Slavery is alive and well in most parts of the world. Just isn't an institution.
    Last edited by Sunray; 01-03-2018 at 09:26.
    Spelling and grammar count!

No apology needed. The US and Britain each fought the Barbary States - the officers and crew of the USS Philadelphia were taken prisoner and the EM were all worked practically to death. Jefferson sent more frigates. Stephen DecaTUR burned the Philadelphia in the harbor and the fleet and the marines beat down Tripoli. Bainbridge and his men, as well as a number of other prisoners and slaves, were released. It was a pretty good show for the new Nation.

In 1816, Edward Pellew commanded a joint Royal Navy-Dutch fleet against Algiers, pretty much wrecked the place and freed 1,200 slaves.

That was sort of the last hurrah for the Barbary States as they soon fell to the French.

How could any apology add to our satisfaction with all this?

jn

8. Default

How about a Big Thank You to all the Boys in Blue who made the Supreme Sacrifice 1861-1865. I recall the scene in Glory where the Morgan Freeman character tells the Denzel Washington character that "white boys been out there dying ! I know because I dug the graves."

9. Default

The war of the states was NOT fought over slavery. Don't get that false story going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty T. View Post
    The war of the states was NOT fought over slavery. Don't get that false story going again.
    +1