1. Default Kerr sling installation video/instructions?

Would any member here happen to know a source for this, please? I tried Utube, search engines etc.
    Steve
    The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

100_0354.jpg Will this help? Some rifles swivels loops are too small to get the buckle's to go thru.
    Last edited by dave; 12-31-2017 at 01:54.
    You can never go home again.

3. Default

Yes, maybe I can figure it out from your picture, thank you.
    Steve

Click thumbnail image to enlarge.
    Kerr600.jpg

FWIW, all the slings shown in post #2 here are installed in non-standard configuration. Even the SMLE slings are backwards (open loops should face out to preclude marring wood).

large_000000.jpg
    Last edited by Parashooter; 12-31-2017 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Parashooter View Post
    Click thumbnail image to enlarge.
    Kerr600.jpg

FWIW, all the slings shown in post #2 here are installed in non-standard configuration. Even the SMLE slings are backwards (open loops should face out to preclude marring wood).

large_000000.jpg
    Darn--I have some work to do! Thanks for that. I copied to my favorites file so I do not forget. I have several original Kerr marked slings and most have another brass loop on the long section, two do not. Whats with that extra loop? On my examples the short strap buckle snapped on that extra loop.
    You can never go home again.

6. Default

Para, what length would you suggest for a 1898 Krag rifle, the seller says he has 3 lengths available(probably repros), to cheap to be originals.
    Steve

Beats me! My guess is "short" for the Krag or '03, with swivels closer than the 1917.

But why put a Kerr on a Krag? A nice M1907 would work fine and be closer to period-appropriate. M1887 is marginally more correct but pretty useless for shooting.

8. Default

Yes, Parashooter, I know you compete in completions but, I no longer do. Too much arthritis.
    Steve

Makes a carry strap that can be pulled up nice and parade tight for display. The Krags that I remember in the American Legion back in the early 60s all had them. The repro I got, when they first came out, didn't like being used for shooting. The fabric was pulling out from the rivets. Probably wouldn't have taken a whole lot of carrying either. They may have gotten better since then. I've often wondered about the strength of originals.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

001.jpgMy Kerr sling is a reproduction. The rifle falls into the serial #for the 26th. Infantry in the Philippines -
    so it is period correct. It is just a carry, not a shooting sling.

-Kab