Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M1917 Stock

1. Default

Bear - The whale body or fat belly stocks have no finger grooves.

Ok, got it.

3. Default

I thought I would post this photo of an attempt to put an early Winchester P14 barrel on an early Eddystone P14 by a home gunsmith
    The attempt by the home smith to use the stock required filling the hole caused by the DP, meaning the barrel was drilled through the chamber. They did not bother to remove the wood, they drilled the hole through both pieces of wood.

There are a few smiths that have tools for opening the barrel channel; I guess it proves there is something about all of this that is not fair to all. I have never seen a P14 with a large barrel channel and my fellow members of this forum have never seen a barrel from a M1917 that did not fit both stocks, the P14 and the M1917.

The last time I looked I had 7 scrapers for cutting barrel channels, all with different diameters cutters and from two different manufacturers. I had a friend that was complaining about replacing his cutter disc, I asked him for his old cutters. And then I told him if the old dull cutters were my cutters I would sharpen them.

F. Guffey