Default Left hand M14 announced by Bula Defense Systems.

Yesterday Bula Defense Systems announced the release of their new first, a left handed M14 type rifle in a few different configurations. Absolutely amazing how this company has continued to provide rifles and component parts requested by the end users. Congratulations to Jeff Miller and his gang.

Semper Fi
    Art

Photos?

They did put up a few photos and a short video of one of their left handed engineers shooting one on the M14 forum.

Been shooting all kinds of battle rifles and FA stuff for eons left handed with no fuss.
    The FAL is left hand operated too. It was really funny when I over heard a militia guy telling his buddy how it was impossible to shoot one left. Asked him how I managed to shoot expert with one.
    Spelling and grammar count!

leftyo Guest

i guess i dont understand why a "left handed" M14. the vast majority of rifles and pistols produced work very well left handed.

I went to their web site and didn't find anything about a left handed anything. Maybe they haven't posted it yet???

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    I went to their web site and didn't find anything about a left handed anything. Maybe they haven't posted it yet???
    Howdy DaveL. The web site only shows some of the basics and is a bit behind the times. Their announcement was on the M14 Forum where they are a site sponsor.

To me its a solution to a non existent problem. I used the M14 in the army am a left handed rifle shooter and never had a problem. The use of the safety and magazine release work just fine with either hand. I did have to reach across the action to release the bolt to chamber the first round in a new magazine after a reload but that didn't bother me either. The M1 is also pretty easy to manipulate left handed only unloading a full clip or loading single rounds being a bit awkward. The M16 is also "lefty friendly" and I never had a problem with them either. I find all U.S. semi auto or automatic rifles, while not technically ambidextrous quite easy to master by a southpaw.

Also left handed. Could see it on a bolt gun, but very limited market for reselling. Auto loaders, it's not an issue, like Art says.