Default Sources to ID old artillery shell needed

Hi,
    I was given an old artillery shell, cast iron, pointed at the top with no removeable / screw on fuse at the top. It is straight sided with what looks like a small copper band near the bottom, and then a cap that looks like it was crimped on the bottom. The cap is not copper because it is rusted. A few inches down from the top is a small hole that may have threads in it. Diameter is approx. 80mm or about 3.5". It's soaking in Evap o Rust at the moment though its not really rusted that badly. At this point I can't find any marks on it.

I've looked on the internet but haven't seen any pictures that look like it. I thought it might be a dummy round for trng. but that doesn't explain the cap on the bottom. There is no taper at the bottom . Perhaps post-Civil War / pre WWI?

Any thoughts appreciated. It was given to me for display in our VFW.

Thanks,

Dave

I found out that it is an armour piercing round. It weighs 19 lbs.

Picture would help greatly.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Default 80mm Shell picture

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/fc...xhed5.jpg.html

I can send more pics, but Photo Bucket seems awfully slow at the moment. I can't seem to remember how to send pictures on Jouster, and this site doesn't seem to work like transamcountry. Should be able to paste the link (I hope)

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that didn't seem to work. I'm kind of in a hurry - I'll try again later tonight.