Default U.S. Property M70

Picked up my 2nd U.S. Property marked M70. Latest one is listed on the second list of Van Order rifles. Wanting to know for those that have U.S. Property marked M70's how many have matching serial number bolts as the 2 I have are both mismatched?

I've had a few of them over the years. Everyone I have had has had a matching bolt. But most I have had, look like they weren't used much.

Most of these were used on the rifle ranges, and spent much of their time in storage. The few that I have owned I have traced and ended up being issued to Army units.

But to have a hit to the Van Orden list, that is really neat! That is a pretty rare rifle.

Default M70 Target

This Model 70 Target was purchased around 1966 or 67 from a gunshop in Waukegan Illinois. This gunshop
    had purchased a lot of 12 M70 rifles from the naval base at Great Lakes. I believe they bid on them. Three
    of the rifles has broken stocks and two had standard weight barrels, all in nice condition. The complete rifles
    sold for between $125 and $135 eachP1010033_0027.jpgP1010023_0023.jpgP1010032_0026.jpgP1010024_0024.jpg

Several years back the Federal Correctional Center in Texarkana, Texas cut up a number of U.S. marked Model 70 Rifles as well as Officers Model Colts. A dealer in a nearby town was allowed to salvage some of the parts before the receivers were torched.