1. Default Mossberg 22 Trainer Value

Looking at a Mossberg 42mb 22 caliber with US Property stamp. Supposed to be a WW2 trainer rifle. What is the value of one in good condition? Thanks.

Like anything else, "it depends". Condition? original? pictures? exactly what does the US property stamp say? where is it located? is barrel stamped 42MB? (its proper model number).
    It was not a US training rifle, but was purchased by the US for Lend Lease sales to England. After the war (1950's) they were released for sale to Brit. citizens, at that time they were proofed as required by law. (The Brit. military is not bound by Brit. proof law.) They were used for years by citizens until restrictive gun laws outlawed most civilian ownership. At this time they were sold to exporters and many ended up here. Many will be found with repairs and changes, mainly sights. Some were 'sporterized' by importers. You may search auction sites for prices SOLD, not asked. I would say for average condition 200-300. For one in excellent condition, certainly more. All Moss. model prices have and are, going up!
    If it has no Brit. proof stamps it most likely never went to England. Couple contracts were cancelled near the end, but it is not known if any had already been completed and accepted by US military.

Pictures or at least description of condition would certainly help!
    Last edited by dave; 12-15-2017 at 10:37.
    You can never go home again.

3. Default

Dave, thanks for reply. Check the Gun Talk forum for the same question there. I put what I know about it there. Asking $250 for it. Since you collect these I appreciate your input and am wondering if it is worth the investment for a return later on.

Sorry about that! I wondered what happened to my original post so answered again, didn't realize I was on two forums from one day to the next! Answered again in Gun Talk.
    You can never go home again.