Default Purchasing ammo in California with a COE?

I've been told by several people that if you have a COE you can purchase ammo without having to go through all the new BS, and even still have ammo shipped to you from out of state. I've searched trying to find this in some official California document so that I can print it out and show sellers and email to online sellers but have not been able to find anything. Can anyone show me a link or anything that would help?

Reading the web sites, the broad read is that a COE is an absolute minimum to do anything. If you have one, you can probably bring ammo over the state lines without getting nailed for it. But without a vendor's license, you may have trouble getting anyone outside of CA to ship it to you inside the state. I know I sell ammo from my collection from time to time, and as of 1/1/18 I wouldn't think of shipping even a single round into CA.

I believe CA banned all mail order shipments of ammo into the state.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Reading the web sites, the broad read is that a COE is an absolute minimum to do anything. If you have one, you can probably bring ammo over the state lines without getting nailed for it. But without a vendor's license, you may have trouble getting anyone outside of CA to ship it to you inside the state. I know I sell ammo from my collection from time to time, and as of 1/1/18 I wouldn't think of shipping even a single round into CA.
    Didn't know you were a cartridge collector?

Hi Dick,

Yes, my best stuff is cartons. The thing with smokeless propellant is that unlike BP it isn't forever like some say. So knowing when to sell is a good idea. Prices are down nowadays.