Thread: I've been had

1. Default I've been had

Dead Penguins - I never knew this!

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica?

Where do they go?

Wonder no more ! ! !

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life. The penguin is

very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice,

using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into, and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

Name: penguins.jpgViews: 9Size: 26.2 KB

"Freeze a jolly good fellow."

You really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you?

It's so easy to fool OLD people.

Lol , an old friend sent me this the other day and after reading it I was thinking , ok , what the hell , so was in the middle of replying that "you learn something new everyday" as the gentleman is somewhat older than myself and thought this was a polite response when I suddenly noticed the bottom of the e-mail . I busted out a good chuckle and realized I had been had .
    Kenneth

nice
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Quote Originally Posted by aintright View Post
    Dead Penguins - I never knew this!

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica?

Where do they go?

Wonder no more ! ! !

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life. The penguin is

very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice,

using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into, and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

Name: penguins.jpgViews: 9Size: 26.2 KB

You really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you?

It's so easy to fool OLD people.

Lol , an old friend sent me this the other day and after reading it I was thinking , ok , what the hell , so was in the middle of replying that "you learn something new everyday" as the gentleman is somewhat older than myself and thought this was a polite response when I suddenly noticed the bottom of the e-mail . I busted out a good chuckle and realized I had been had .
    Kenneth
    Goes to the question, where is the beginning and end of a circle? Here it is @0500 and I am reading about funerals for an animal and ALSO getting had! [grin]
    Sam

What about elephants?

Yesterday ... got home about 10 PM. Found this post. Read it again this AM. Just as cute and funny this AM as last night. Read it to my wife as she prepares to go out the door to a big deal meeting. She'll have a two hour drive to figure out how to use it w/ her colleagues at work. Made her smile and roll eyes. Good and funny story. Appreciate it. So much nowadays that passes for funny is not good. This is both. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Actually penguins have a habit of pushing older birds off the ice floe and into the water if they think that there might be a predator lurking. If the old bird survives then the others go into the water too.

It may not be survival of the fittest but it is survival of the youngest

7. Default

Was glad to share it . This man is a man well worth knowing , some of the best work and life ethics I have seen . I think a lot of him , Kenneth
    Last edited by aintright; 12-19-2017 at 03:01.