Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wake up "like clockwork" after four hours. The weird thing is, it is clockwork. I will wake up precisely at 1:00 a.m or 2:00 a.m. on the dot. It's like I have a built in alarm.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I wake up "like clockwork" after four hours. The weird thing is, it is clockwork. I will wake up precisely at 1:00 a.m or 2:00 a.m. on the dot. It's like I have a built in alarm.
    Are you going to sleep at about the same time? My crash times vary. For example I turned in short of 10 last night and woke up at 2:30. Had I turned in closer to midnight it might have been 4 or 4:30. The saving grace is that when I do turn in earlier I can usually/eventually get in another couple hours sleep before I start my day.
    It's better when pretty girls keep me out way past my curfew...but only when I avoid eating the hot peppers. LOL
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Blog Entries

After I got my CPAP machine 10 years ago it's like turning off a light switch when I go to bed. If I have a soft drink an hour or two before bed I will wake up for a head call ~ 2 AM. Coffee does not bother me. Used to get up at 5 for work; retired now, but the dogs don't care about that, so I still let them out at 5 for about 10 min then go back to bed 'til 7:30 or 8.

Daytime nap depends on what's going on; if there really is no mental stimulation or activity in the afternoon, I'll take at least a 1/2 hour in the recliner in the afternoon. If I miss the afternoon because of some activity, then the nap catches up with me after supper.

When I hit the sack determines when I will wake up, but it's pretty much 4-5 hrs. I get up make coffee and act like it's the start of the day, but like a vampire, right at sunrise fatigue hits me and I go back to bed and sleep like a rock til about nine or so and then have a full productive day. Actually works out pretty well for me, I'm single so I do whatever I want.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Funny you guys bring this subject up. I was up most of the night after accidentally sleeping last evening between 2200 and 2300. Nothing of interest on tv so I tried reading. Big mistake. Anyway, I feel fortunate to get 6 hours of sleep.

How come women don't seem to have this problem as bad?

Blog Entries

"Man works from sun to sun, but woman's work is never done".... pretty pooped out when they do quit, at least that's their story and they are sticking to it.

Blog Entries

I've been thinking about this string off and on today, because what is described in it is what I used to be like.

How many of you snore at night? If you have a wife, she will tell you with her elbow. If you live alone, you may not really know. My brother-in-law didn't, until he got his machine.

It might be worthwhile to have a sleep study done to see if you could benefit from a CPAP. Medicare and supplemental ins. pays for it. CPAP will stop snoring and the sleep interruptions it causes, but that may not be noticed by your sleeping self, causing you wake up tired. If you are married, you will get a better night's sleep because you won't be awakened by the elbow or the shrill refrain of "Turn over!". If you're single, you may sleep thru the night.

Of course, the CPAP will do nothing for a middle of the night 'head call".

I always sleep better in cold weather than when its warm.. But I too have my bouts with waking up to pee and tossing and turning...

If I really want to get a full restful nights sleep, I will take a benadryl. I have been taking it for 50 years for allergies and let me tell you it will put you to sleep!

I take prescription strength, but if you have never taken it before, the over the counter dose will be plenty for you..

(oh, and I use a CPAP, which helps, but I still have my bad nights)
    Last edited by PaFrank; 12-14-2017 at 06:51.
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    "Man works from sun to sun, but woman's work is never done".... pretty pooped out when they do quit, at least that's their story and they are sticking to it.
    That's the excuse they give for not wanting sex but I guess they can use it for sleep disorders as well.