Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow! Thanks Richard for taking the time to write that extensive explanation. Now I understand why I had a hard time figuring out what fits. Different kits for different applications at different time frames and MOS's.
    Thanks again Richard!
    DaveL

Pardon my ignorance... but with the cleaning rod kit, whether it came in the paper packaging or cardboard tube with the metal end caps... once you open the package, the kit inside is the same. It's just the shipping packaging that's different. So if you plan on stuffing it in the butt trap, what difference does it make?
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

3. Default

FM23-5, September 1958, page 373 has the picture of the components installed. An earlier FM23-5, dated before your 1955 date should be located, compare and contrast the 2. Mine came from the DCM with nickel oiler, brush and pull thru in the butt as well as a new M10 kit in the tube in a foiled paper pouch back in 1983 when I got my Winmixmaster that was overhauled at RRAD in 66, reparked, put in new birch and prepared as "War Reserve Stock". Later in life at the CMSD in Port Clinton under the DCM, when we started the parts sales program we would see all manner of things in the butt stocks we sold for M1's and M14s. Hopefully you'll buy a coated Dewey rod, a muzzle protector, a chamber block and clean her by pulling a brass cored brush/patch from the chamber versus pushing. If not use a pull through, pulling from chamber to muzzle. Protect that crown.