Default Photos of my Black Powder Metallic Cartridge Breach Loaders

This is a link to photos of a presentation I did in December 2015 that I posted on another forum in January of 2016. At the end I added photos of another rifle I acquired after the posting. Hope you enjoy the presentation. http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/ind...c,56706.0.html
    Scout

Nice selection of rifles. I also do presentations to ROTC units at the local high schools. From 1776 to the end of the Cold War.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by cowtownscout View Post
    This is a link to photos of a presentation I did in December 2015 that I posted on another forum in January of 2016. At the end I added photos of another rifle I acquired after the posting. Hope you enjoy the presentation. http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/ind...c,56706.0.html
    Scout
    Great display - you and I are certainly on the same wave-length, collector-wise! Too bad we do not live closer together. We each have a few that the other does not, which is kinda neat. Our tastes in condition are also similar - there is nothing wrong with an honest brown gun so long as it is "all correct" configuration and has not been abused. Speaking for myself, if I required that everything be "mint" my collection would be a quarter of the size it is.

4. Default

Nice, very nice and thank you for taking you collection "on the road" to educate the boy scouts and others

bow[1].giffunnies-2.gif

Now that's a collection, Ray

Cowtown, I just stumbled on to this here. I hadn't looked at the thread in the Barracks in years. I noticed you said you didn't have a M-1882 Remington-Lee. Have you since found one? Mine is one of the 208ish Mass NB rifles that had earlier been tested by the US Army.

Dick Hosmer, I agree about not buying Mint examples. I like to be able to shoot mine without worry about scratching them

Quote Originally Posted by pitspitr View Post
    Cowtown, I just stumbled on to this here. I hadn't looked at the thread in the Barracks in years. I noticed you said you didn't have a M-1882 Remington-Lee. Have you since found one? Mine is one of the 208ish Mass NB rifles that had earlier been tested by the US Army.

Dick Hosmer, I agree about not buying Mint examples. I like to be able to shoot mine without worry about scratching them
    Hi Pitspitr
    Hope you and your familiy are doing well. Yes I have aquired a RL 1882 rifle. I went back and looked through the original thread I did back in 2016 and then updated in 2017 with the 1861 Sharps & Hankins Navy Rifle to see what Long Arms in this category I have added since those postings. The following pieces of history have been added to what I am currently caretaker of:

1879 1st model Winchester Hotchkiss Army Carbine, made in 1879
    1880 2nd model Winchester Hotchkiss Army Carbine, made in 1881
    Model 1882 Remington Lee Army Rifle, made in 1884
    1883 3rd model Winchester Hotchkiss Army Rifle, made in 1884

Will strive to take some photos of these 4 Arms and post them here, but it will be some time before I can get that done.

I still don't have the 1870 Rolling Block trial rifle or the 1879 1st model Winchester Hotchkiss Army Rifle. If anyone has some, I need two firing pins for the Winchester Hotchkiss as two have broken tips on the firing pins. I found someone who had some but before we could work out purchasing them the Pandemic hit and he has not responded to any of my emails since then. I hope he is OK and I will start trying to contact him again this summer.
    Scout
    Last edited by cowtownscout; 03-26-2021 at 03:51.