Default Smith Corona Bolt?

I have a Smith Corona Rifle, barrel date 7-43, with a dark blued bolt. The only markings on the bolt are a pin prick and the number 2 on the underside of the bolt handle. There is no visible "X" stamped on the top of the bolt handle. The safety lug is scalloped in front. The bolt sleeve is unmarked and has scalloped top surfaces and is dark blue too. Is this bolt correct for this rifle?

I believe you have an earlier SC bolt - I think the later ones had the poorly-stamped "X".
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by RCK View Post
    . . . . The bolt sleeve is unmarked and has scalloped top surfaces and is dark blue too. Is this bolt correct for this rifle?
    I assume you’ve checked the front-right edge of the sleeve for a “G” mark? (Visible when bolt handle is lifted.)

Very easy to miss this tiny marking.

Yes I did check and the "G" is present but very lightly stamped.

Quote Originally Posted by RCK View Post
    I have a Smith Corona Rifle, barrel date 7-43, with a dark blued bolt. The only markings on the bolt are a pin prick and the number 2 on the underside of the bolt handle. There is no visible "X" stamped on the top of the bolt handle. The safety lug is scalloped in front. The bolt sleeve is unmarked and has scalloped top surfaces and is dark blue too. Is this bolt correct for this rifle?
    Yes.

Rick the Librarian is correct. The bolt should normally have an "X" stamped atop the handle. But some were poorly marked, or not marked at all, especially the early ones. And a "G" on the bolt sleeve is correct.

J.B.