Thread: Weather Report

Default Weather Report

How far out do you trust your local weather report, mine is about 18 hours with some accuracy.
    Sam

Ours is 95% accurate in real time.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

I don't think our local stations could predict within 18 minutes much less 18 hours. We practically did not have a spring or summer this year due to the daily rains. We are just now getting a break this past month but due to the forecast you would never know it. What gets me is all they have to do is repeat what is forecast by NOAA and Wunderground but no, they can't even do that. To add insult to injury they have a 5 day and 7 day forecast when they can't even forecast current conditions. No one to the best of my knowledge has ever admitted to error, they just keep on guessing. Now where I live we can get a shower most anytime due to moist air from Mobile Bay and the Gulf of Mexico but still they come no where close most of the time on predictions. Fake weather reports.

leftyo Guest

flip a coin. sometimes they are pretty good, other times they are saying a 20% chance of rain, but if you look out the window its raining.

When I lived in OKC they were very good. In Houston I don't believe them at all.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

6. Default

Wunderground is fairly good but all they have to do is watch the weather roll in from the NW across the mountains. I think there's too much other stuff at work in the Eastern Bloc to allow more than a few hours guessing.

My 10 year old Grandson said while watching the local weather report (it was pouring down rain and the weather gal said it was a beautiful sunny day) said they must live in a basement with no windows. Totally unreliable!

50% chance of rain = 50/50. Either it is going to rain or it's not going to rain.

"My instincts tell me it will be a cold winter," said the Papa Bear.

"My instincts tell me it will be a long winter," said the Mama Bear.

"MY end stinks, too," said the Baby Bear, "but it don't give me weather forecasts."

2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**