First some dialogue then some pictures. My mentor was a great collector and was a infantry member of the big green machine know as the Berlin Brigade in the early 60s. His name was Joe Rothwell, he was a friend, a fountain of knowledge and move me to collecting WW1WW2, Korea, and Vietnam.....But ...he ...was mainly a friend. I would come over and Joe would drag out 4 or 6 guns and watch me squirm trying to figure what it was. He'd led me he'd tease me and eventually I got most. He would make coffee so strong my tongue rolled up and wouldn't work for minutes. Once he pulled out a beat up Steyr Hahn Model of 1912. He grinned big....bet you don't know what this is....Joe that is a Model of 1912 Steyr Hahn made in 1914 based on stamps.....silence....you know it replaced the Roth M7. Silence. You can have it. What. I'm dead inside three months, you are the only person that ever knew what it was I want you to have it and take care of it like your other stuff. yes sir and I'd be honored....we had went from joking to serious as it can get in 10 seconds.

On the gun: