Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Older eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    "...can see the front sight but not the rear..." That's actually ok as long as you can see the rear well enough to put the front where it belongs. Mind you, those V notch sights were never any good when compared to a peep.
    It'd be a cryin' shame to Bubba a vintage battle rifle just because of one's eye sight though.
    "...expect losses till around 55..." I think he's being optimistic. Mind you, I got specs for distance at 42ish and my vision hasn't gotten any worse. Hearing is gone in one ear though. Fortunately, I'm, not listening anyway. snicker.
    The rear sight is just blurry enough it was hard to see the front sight. Black on black does not help either. Painting the back of the front sight gold helped some. No bubbaing of any of my LEs...it comes to that I'll just admire em till I take a dirt nap lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    As our eyes age and our accuracy diminishes it's still important we hit our targets. We need guns that don't need to be aimed so precisely.
    We need guns like the Blunderbuss, sawed off shotguns, machine guns and 40mm grenade launchers. Just my 2 cents worth though.
    Might just have to go with hand grenades eventually....shoulder will probably give out and it will go 10 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    AAA?
    Sam
    AAA = Against All Authority -- Yep

AAA = American Automobile Association -- Nope

Other terms that AAA is an abbreviation of that would be a "nope"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA

Pushing 69 years and now have difficulty finding the skinny front blade of a 1903. The front sight of my 1911 is getting fuzzy too. The M1 front sight is so large that it's clear. Anyway, I got some 0.5 diopter glasses from Amazon (cheap) and that solve the problem for me. Of course we're all different, especially togor.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    AAA = Against All Authority -- Yep

AAA = American Automobile Association -- Nope

Other terms that AAA is an abbreviation of that would be a "nope"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA
    Anti Aircraft Artillery.
    Sam

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Pushing 69 years and now have difficulty finding the skinny front blade of a 1903. The front sight of my 1911 is getting fuzzy too. The M1 front sight is so large that it's clear. Anyway, I got some 0.5 diopter glasses from Amazon (cheap) and that solve the problem for me. Of course we're all different, especially togor.
    With both of my implants and removal of my cataracts last year my vision has improved. I now can use electronic sights that were useless before and peep sight are very good. I whited my Sigmund sights as the night sights are diminished with 30 year age.
    Sam