Thread: 1911 & the CMP

1. Exclamation 1911 & the CMP

Hi, the bill which is an add on to a bigger defense bill is on the way to President Trump. When signed the Secretary of the Army will transfer 10,000 1911's over to the CMP. The bill specifies not more than 10,000 in 2018 and 2019 but not less than 8,000. This includes accessories and parts. These firearms include 1911's and 1911-1a's and are considered surplus. 10K sound like a lot but because of all the excitement stirred up by the on line boys I think these will be gone soon. They must be sent to an FFL. This may slow down this a bit. The rare stuff will go to the CMP Auction site. I expect prices to be high, regards, Mike

Here's the link to the post at the CMP Forum......http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=219182

Will be interesting to see the pictures of what people get for their money. Demand for NOS barrel bushings on GB might be high.

Saving my money. Waiting. If at all possible, would very much like to own just one. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."