Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Head lines , ghost guns

Well now they have coined another name for B.S. gun fears . Didn't read the article but caption read , the California shooter used ghost guns , built them in his own home .
    Figure there will soon be restrictions on available parts , at least in liberal states .
    I'm not a conspiracy type , but seems there has been an outbreak of nut case shootings at a time when the media and liberals are trying very hard to justify themselves .
    Kenneth

leftyo Guest

just another attempt by the liberal media to make something scary. sounds like he started with 80% frames. only problem is it was already illegal for him to be in possession so no current or future laws would have stopped him.

Every day people 'build' firearms. From AK47's, M1 garands, AR style rifles and handguns of all types. There are hundreds of web sites and You Tube videos to show how it's done. As for the AK style rifle, a person can make the receiver them selves from sheet metal. I don't know the laws about that, but what about a serial number on such a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Every day people 'build' firearms. From AK47's, M1 garands, AR style rifles and handguns of all types. There are hundreds of web sites and You Tube videos to show how it's done. As for the AK style rifle, a person can make the receiver them selves from sheet metal. I don't know the laws about that, but what about a serial number on such a gun?
    You have to stamp a serial number and file with ATFE.

leftyo Guest

building 80% guns you do not have to put a ser# on them, nor file/register it with anybody. commiefornia apparently has additional requirements, but most of the country you can build as many as you want for personal use.

6. Default

"Ghost Guns in the Sky". Sounds like the title of a song.

I have always said it will be extremely difficult to ban (and therefore eliminate) an item that you can build at home.

Just because I can't go to the store and buy one does not mean I won't have one.

They don't have to get rid of every last one to accomplish a significant goal.

What is considered to be a "significant goal"? I'd expect, if some onerous tax was imposed folks would reconsider the importance of owning fire arms.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    They don't have to get rid of every last one to accomplish a significant goal.
    Agreed.

Many people will give up their freedom for a little bit of security. I think somebody said something about this once, but many people don't think he knew what he was talking about.