Blog Entries

Default Nickeled brass cases

I have a bunch of once fired Federal nickeled-brass in .45 ACP cases. Any problems using the Hornady American Series dies to reload.

leftyo Guest

ive never used those particular die's, but there should be no problems.

I don't use those dies but I've reloaded a bunch of Federal and Hornady nickel brass with no issues. The brass actually resizes easier. I tend to loose the primer pocket a few reloads quicker though.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    I don't use those dies but I've reloaded a bunch of Federal and Hornady nickel brass with no issues. The brass actually resizes easier. I tend to loose the primer pocket a few reloads quicker though.
    In addition to the primer pocket problems, I found after five or six reloads, the nickel started to peel off.

Too much “expansion/contraction”, I think!

I went back to brass (unplated) cases.

The brand of dies makes no difference regardless of the type of case. Only thing I've seen with nickel plated brass is they seem to crack on the case mouth faster.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, I've done nickeled for 38 Spl a few times with no problems, but 90 % of my reloading is for the 30-06 in all brass. I am new to the .45 so I wanted to check on how the 45 ACP is 'dressed".