Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Global warming science now applies to humans

Just out, the scientists and Dr.s have just announced now that the "average" American has high blood pressure. New guidelines are out that says 140/80 is too high. That's like saying that any male that weighs over 160 lbs is overweight. Never mind that some males are 6'6" tall and some are 5'6" the same standard applies to all males. Nature and God makes us all different but scientist and Dr.s can't recognize thet?

These are the same people that swear humans are ruining the plant, so we need to get rid of a couple of billion people to make things right... screw nature and God what do they know about anything.

Oh, BTW do you know what "average," is? It is the best of the worst and the worst of the best... is that something we need to work to become?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/half-us-a...204049684.html
    Last edited by RED; 11-14-2017 at 02:01.

That headline caught my eye too. Labeling aside, what they are saying is that treating for hypertension with a systolic of even 130 can have long term benefits that justify the effort.

But doctors tell people to eat less sugar too and we've seen how that goes.

Just came thru a battery of medical tests and everything checked out within normal parameters...whatever that means. I look at what works for me, not for you. I have ammo loaded from 50 year old manuals that is off the scales as unsafe in the new manuals. Components are the same, liability laws changed that's all. I eat real Irish butter, whole milk, bacon and sausage on white bread. I have a gene that I inherited from my Dad that protects me from high cholesterol unlike my mother and siblings who have/had to be on medication and diet restrictions for high B.P.
    Sam

What you need to eat to be 'healthy' is wet sawdust garnished with raw kale! 8-/
    Custom Pistol Boxes Handmade to your specs.

It’s long been known that a human at rest gives off 550 BTU’S. Now however If dancing it’s 950 per person. I strongly and deeply demand that human behavure be modified so as to save weird and idiotic science!

Tommy

These do-gooders who want to tell you how 'fat' you are or that you have 'high blood' pressure are akin to 'Climate Change Scientists'.
    They're full of $hit and are nothing more that static analysis idiots who wish to dictate to others in the hope of eventually collecting six figure salaries.

We've been thru this before, about ten years ago one of the NBA basketball players was deemed exceedingly fat according to the formula by the 'experts'. He had 9% body fat.

I had two 'overweight' 90+ year old grandfathers who ate eggs, butter, bacon etc. every day. One of them was a cake lover.
    Neither one of them passed due to cardiac problems.

Whoa be it to anyone if they listen to MSM appointed 'experts'.

One of my previous employers was a large corporation that had all kinds of health and safety rules and suggestions. They had these blood pressure machines set up at several locations like you see at the major drug stores where you sit and check your own BP. One of their unwritten rules was that anything above 140 was too high and you should seek the care of a medical physician. Several found found out that their BP was high by company standards by using the supplied BP machines, went to their doctors and presented the findings to take off days, weeks or months to get their pressure down and regulated. There's always some that will abuse the good will of the hand that feeds them. The company got rid of all the machines.

Now, the reason I bring this up is will companies that have liberal and generous sick day polices be forced to change their ways? Can a company force you to work with what is now considered high blood pressure? I am generally in good health and my BP usually normal but I'm sure if checked it would spike over the 130-140 mark due to traffic on the way to work or emergencies that occurred at and during work. Will employers go broke now letting employees take sick time off because of the new regulations or will they have to adapt to a different policy that would say "if you have high BP you can't work and you can't work HERE any longer"?

Are these the same experts who can't figure out what gender kids are?
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.

No, completely different group.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSudz View Post
    Are these the same experts who can't figure out what gender kids are?
    Probably went to the same schools. I'll bet they are still glued to their TV's also waiting for the election results to go their way.